The City of Gallup is proud to announce that our community has six finalist nominations for the New Mexico Hospitality Association’s annual TOP Hat Awards. The TOP Hat Awards celebrate those who have done exceptional work to elevate the travel, tourism, and lodging industry in New Mexico. The Gallup finalist nominees include:
- Best New Event Finalist: Best in Show Night 2017 sponsored by Emerald Tanner in partnership with Gallup Inter-Tribal Ceremonial and gallupARTS/ART123 Gallery.
- Best Print Campaign Finalist: 2018 Gallup Visitors Guide by the Gallup McKinley County Chamber of Commerce, the Gallup Journey, and the City of Gallup Tourism and Marketing Department.
- Front-of-House Food & Beverage Employee of the Year Finalist: Gloria John, Breakfast Attendance at Quality Inn & Suites Gallup
- Tourism Professional of the Year Finalist: Bill Lee, County Commissioner & Executive Director of Gallup McKinley County Chamber of Commerce
- Limited Service Hotel of the Year Finalist: Comfort Suites Gallup
- Outstanding Attraction Finalist: Comfort Suites Gallup Military Museum
Gallup’s own Ken Riege of the Comfort Suites won Hospitality Professional of the Year at the 2017 TOP Hat Awards.
The 2018 New Mexico Top HAT (Hospitality and Tourism) Awards Gala is an annual dinner and awards ceremony that celebrates the top hospitality and tourism individuals, businesses, and more. The event is taking place at the Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel on November 8, 2018. The event also serves as the major fundraiser for the Hospitality and Tourism Scholarship Fund, powered by the Albuquerque Community Foundation.
For additional information about the 2018 New Mexico Hospitality Association TOP Hat Awards contact Cody Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit https://newmexicohospitality.org/2018TopHAT